The Machining Facility offers a variety of specialized services. Our staff has a combined total of over 150 years of machining experience and are willing to work with you to design and plan your project. The facility is well equipped with a wide variety of CNC and manual machines including a new Haas TM-2 Milling Machine as well as a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) that is capable of measuring up to 5' x 10' x 20" instruments to a precision of 0.0003". For our University customers, please keep us in mind when going out for bids on large projects, since we are able to bid just like outside companies. In addition, you're keeping the work in house with greater flexibility and ease to manage your project.
- Precision Machining & Grinding
- Prototype Instrumentation
- Mechanical Design (AutoCAD)
- Computer Aided Manufacturing (MasterCAM)
- Computer Numerically Controlled Machines
- Mechanical & Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Inspection Services
- Instrument Repair
- Machine Shop Safety Classes
The Welding Facility is lead by Larry Acedo who is known for his precision welding techniques as exemplified in the fabrication of the UA Spacewatch Telescope and the Iowa State University Gamma Ray Telescopes. We also have welded many vacuum chambers for the University of Arizona. Our staff has over 100 years welding experience and are able to assist you with even the most complex of projects.
- Specializing in Precision Welding Techniques
- Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) Welding
- Controlled Atmosphere Chamber Welding
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW & MIG)
- Welding High Vacuum & High Pressure Systems
- Plasma Arc Cutting to tolerances of 1/16"